Wise Age are the leading voluntary sector age and employment specialists in the UK , with (including our predecessor partners) an 18 year track record of helping over 50s back into employment and self employment, as well as researching, promoting and lobbying for the benefits of older working people, age diversity, the growing importance of the silver economy and combating ageism.
As a small London based agency we need support from interested volunteers in the following areas:
- To act as researchers into information and innovative practice around issues of older working age people and employment and related issues.
- To join our online social media activities, helping to search out and respond to current relevant media topics and to engage in discussions on twitter, facebook and other social media.
- To help us in our editorial and media work by researching, writing and publishing relevant material around ageism, employment, the silver economy, examples of age diverse employers
- To attend events and represent us at meetings , including giving feedback, especially outside of London
- To act as local representatives outside of London and where necessary set up local branches.
Volunteers are given a contract and are trained and managed professionally plus receive expenses.