Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Please stay at home. You should only leave your home for very limited purposes:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequently as possible.
- One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with people you live with.
- Any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
Please note: these reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are two metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
There is further advice for those who:
- Are at high risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus.
- Need to self-isolate because they have, or someone in their household has, symptoms of coronavirus.
Please read more on the NHS website, including how to help stop infection spreading, looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS coronavirus status checker.