Wise Age and our predecessor is the first specialist 50+ employment agency in London - is a voluntary organisation with charitable objectives that campaigns for the elimination of age discrimination in all aspects of life, particularly employment.
We promote age diversity in the workplace, provide support to older working age adults (50+) seeking work, carry out research, and provide best practice training for organisations wanting to develop employment support services for the 50+ or interested in improving the quality of their existing provision.
Wise Age also campaigns for the active involvement of older people in developing age-friendly cities and services, and promotes intergenerational communication and understanding.
Aims & Objectives
Our aim is the promotion of equality and diversity for public benefit through:
- The elimination of discrimination on grounds of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief; in particular age.
- Advancing education and raising awareness of equality and diversity; in particular relating to age.
- Conducting or commissioning research on equality and diversity issues and publishing the results to the public; in particular, in relation to employment, training and age.
- Cultivating a sentiment in favour of equality and diversity, with particular reference to age.
Wise Age is currently funded by:
- The Trust for London through their support for our Resourcing Older People’s Employment Support (ROPES) training programme and Age & Employment Experts Network (AEEN)
- The Big Lottery Fund, via Connect Hackney for their programme to reduce social isolation among older people
- The Department of Work & Pensions for our Age Works programme
Find out more about our financial supporters here: Funders.
Wise Age is a Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered No. 8277094.
Registered address: 3 Birkbeck Street, London E2 6JY
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.