This is a presentation which our Chief Exec made at a conference in Belgrade to a pan European audience of people and organisations interested in both making work a healthier place to be and supporting an age friendly approach to business. As can be seen the silver economy is a major motor for growth in the UK, Europe and global economies with more people living, working and enjoying life longer. As we babyboomers are now a generation with increased disposable income as well as increasing desires and needs everyone including business and government needs to wake up to what this economic dynamo has to offer and either get with it or fall by the wayside.
The Silver Economy
- The silver economy is a new and growing market and demand which will require new and innovative product and service development, and is growing rapidly, both across the UK, EU and globally.
- Whoever is able to take the lead in developing high quality customer focused trained services & new and adapted products to supply the needs of this market will become as successful as those in the forefront of the technological and communications revolution.
- Countries that are able to facilitate and support the development of this sector will see their exports rise, while those that do not, will require large scale imports to meet the rising needs of this market sector in their own countries.
The Positive Global Age Tsunami
- The basic trends and statistics are already known, in relation to the growth of the over 50s, over 65s and over 80s and further growth of this sector widely predicted. Yet it remains at best a niche market for business, economists, planners and governments, with little coherent research or analysis of the potential of the silver economic sector as a discreet entity and no strategic planning at sector or national levels in most countries in the world.
- There are exceptions, one of which is Japan. They are now taking the first technological steps towards understanding and meeting the needs of this market in Japan, as they themselves are in the forefront of ageing societies.
Wise Age won a small contract to help 50+ Tower Hamlets residents - both those registered as unemployed on JSA or Universal Credit and also all those who are without a job but would like one .
Chris Walsh Wise Age Chief Exec said 'We are pleased that our great work in helping older workers overcome ageism among employers and find the jobs they want and need has been recognised by Tower Hamlets and London Councils in awarding this European Social Fund contract.'
Wise Age is starting to register applicants to start on their highly successful 50+ employment support programme on December 10 from 11 o'clock at Tower Hamlets Financial Health Centre, Massingham Street. Contact us to register
- Accounting & Book-keeping
- Administration (all types)
- Building Maintenance
- Caretaker roles
- Customer Service
- Grounds Maintenance Workers
- Health Care Assistants
- Kitchen Assistants
- Office Maintenance
- Retail roles
- Security Staff
- Supermarket roles
- Warehouse roles
Apprenticeships (all types and roles)
We also frequently have candidates seeking jobs as:
- IT Professionals