Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Please stay at home. You should only leave your home for very limited purposes:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequently as possible.
- One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with people you live with.
- Any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
Please note: these reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are two metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
There is further advice for those who:
- Are at high risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus.
- Need to self-isolate because they have, or someone in their household has, symptoms of coronavirus.
Please read more on the NHS website, including how to help stop infection spreading, looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS coronavirus status checker.
Wise age is committed to safeguarding the health of all our staff and clients. Therefore we will ask everyone to wash their hands and have tissues with them before all 121 or group support sessions
We ask anyone feeling unwell or having a cough to let us know and not come in person to any session.
We will be happy to set up 121 sessions by phone or Skype between our consultants and clients instead of face to face arranged meetings . Please contact us to arrange this. Please read further information in the below link:
Wise Age ( or PAiL) wishes all our members, clients and volunteers the best of health on these worrying times. Please click on this link to get up to date advice from Age UK about what to do about coronavirus.
Make sure you are prepared for self isolation at home if necessary. Wash hands for 20 seconds after you go out, clean surfaces that anyone touches, stay 2 meters away from others and if you can get a mask and gloves. If feeling unwell with coronavirus symptoms stay at home. If it persists contact 111. If you are elderly or have a health condition let them know so that if appropriate you can be tested or get medical attention.
We wish everyone the best of health and luck.